Here’s a simple fact: flowers will eventually die. The life span of cut flowers varies depending on many factors that are for the most part, out of our control. But, there are ways to care for them properly once you get home. Here are some tips to make your flowers last longer.
1. Change the water in the vase daily to avoid fast multiplication of bacteria.
2. Cut the stems of the flowers at an angle to increase the surface area of water absorption.
3. Remove excess leaves from the stems so that all the energy goes to the flower instead of the leaves.
4. Remove any leaves in the water to avoid bacteria formation.
5. Place the flower arrangement in a cool zone and away from direct sunlight.
Next time you buy or receive a flower arrangement, try these simple tips to enjoy your flowers longer!